There’s no need to break the bank when shopping for motorcycle gear. In fact, there are some great pieces of gear that you can get for a fraction of the cost of some of the more high-end brands. Here are five motorcycle gear items that will help you ride safely and comfortably:
1. Helmet: A good helmet is a must for motorcycle riding. Not only will it protect your head in the event of an accident, but it also decreases your risk of neck and spinal cord injuries. Look for a helmet with a Snell rating, which is the highest safety rating available. You can also find helmets that are specifically designed for women or those with smaller heads.
2. Gloves: Riding a motorcycle can be extremely exhilarating, but it can also be dangerous if you don’t have the proper protection on your hands. Make sure to get gloves that are made from durable materials and fit snugly around your hands so that you don’t lose grip on the bike in wet or cold weather conditions.
3. Pants: Riding a motorcycle requires different types of clothing than driving a car. You need to be prepared for extreme weather conditions, including rain, sand, mud, snow, and even ice. You need a pair of durable pants that can handle the elements while keeping you warm during the cold season.
4. Jacket: For jackets, make sure that they are waterproof and have reflective strips so you can be seen by other road users at night or in low-light conditions. If you want to use the jacket for riding in cooler weather, make sure that it’s windproof because your body heat will keep you warm even when it’s not raining.
5. Helmet: Your motorcycle helmet should fit snugly around your head so that it keeps you from flying off if you lose control of the bike or if you roll over during a crash.